Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Papa's New Bag

After many fruitless attempts applying to jobs with a pussy piece of shit cover letter, I wrote this monster last night while drinking my second Mickey's.


To my potential future employer:

My name is Tony Tallarico and I'm perfect for this job.

I’ve got a degree in English from the illustrious San Jose State University where I ran writer’s workshops, worked two jobs simultaneously, and still found time to get a bachelor’s degree. I’m serious.

What do you want to hear? That since I’ve been in LA, I’ve found an internship, worked a day job, taken improv classes, and been a volunteer PA on a couple sets? Well, good news. I was just listing shit I’ve done. I’m busy seven days a week trying to hustle this town. Ryan Daly’s office at Zero Gravity Management wishes I had more time that I could dedicate to interning for them. Word around the water cooler is that I'm the best intern they've ever had. 

It's been said that I write epic coverage. Samples are available upon request.

Look, there are two things about me you need to know. The first of which is that I’m amazing. I’m the best person for this job because I crave the satisfaction of approval. The second of which is that everyone else is an idiot. Let’s be honest, you wouldn’t still be reading this if I hadn’t caught your attention. Everyone else is busy telling you about how they “completed tasks in a goal oriented fashion,” or whatever, and I’m here giving you the straight dope. 

I’m sick and tired of stocking shelves to pay my bills. I’m a grown man and I’m willing to work damn hard to make myself a somebody. Give me an interview. You’ll love me. 

Best,


Tony Tallarico
925.989.1007

I don't give a fuck. I am the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment