Friday, January 13, 2012

Just do something new.

While talking to a good friend of mine, we came to the subject of ham and brie sandwiches. It's not an uncommon topic, given my propensity towards eating ham, brie, and sandwiches. Subsequently, we were also discussing how we would both love to lose some weight.

For the record, she's gorgeous and looks amazing the way she does.

I'm a hot mess of man that needs to drop 15 pounds just to get back to where I was 4 months ago and those nachos bell grande aren't helping.

After I assured her she looked great, which she does, she made an observation that blew my mind. It was completely obvious but I'd never recognized it. It was one of those hidden in plain sight deals. You know what she pointed out to me?

She knows what a ham and brie sandwich tastes like.

And then I realized: I know what it tastes like, too.

Why keep eating something again and again when you know what it tastes like? Sure, there is the satisfaction of getting exactly what you expected. But isn't the satisfaction of trying something new, and exploring something else even more rewarding?

Now, all of this seemed much more mind blowing when I was wasted. But I think that it's still pretty good. Branch out. Try new things. Don't stay comfortable. Do something new.

Do something new.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that was not what I was expecting from a post that started about ham and brie sandwiches. I like your style sir.

    ReplyDelete