Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Multi-Pronged Assault

It's been a full month since I've posted to this blog and my, how shit has changed.

1) I finished my classes. After my trip to LA earlier in the semester I became a supercharged dynamo aimed to destroy any assignment in my path. So I did. I passed them and applied for graduation.

2) I found a Trader Joe's in LA that would accept my transfer application. I now work at the Hollywood Trader Joe's on Vine. It's phenomenal and the crew seem like a good bunch of folks, but I still miss all of my friends at the Coleman store in San Jose. 212, I <3 you.

3) I packed up my entire life into a 16' Budget truck and drove it almost 400 miles to LA. The drive was phenomenal. I stopped at Harris Ranch with my dad and ate a steak the size of my head.

4) I signed up for improv101 at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Training Center.

5) I Interviewed for and landed an internship at Zero Gravity Management in Santa Monica.

Each of these things is absolutely vital for my multi-pronged assault of the film industry. My internship will teach me how the industry works and put me in contact with people in the representation field. My UCB class will get me in contact with other comedians and actors. Again networking but also a chance to demonstrate my comedic chops and work my way through the UCB ranks. I'm continuing to work on my feature screenplays and enter screenwriting competitions.

Oh, and I'm working on a blog that will give me web exposure. So that's a thing.

Here I am, LA. Let's fucking do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment